Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Golden Hour

I woke this morning just as the sun was beginning to rise and the first sounds I heard were two loons in our bay calling to one another.  As I listened to them for a few minutes, it dawned on me that I had to be one of the luckiest women alive.  I've been stressing about having to close my business down in July due to our move to Minnesota and wondering what was next for me career wise.  This morning I was thinking that I really need to relax and enjoy this journey that I've been blessed to be able to have.  There aren't many women (at least that I've known in my lifetime) that would be able to take a summer off to "figure it all out" while spending time at the lake.

As I took our devoted dog, Ries, for her daily walk this morning I realized that this is one of the most relaxing and peaceful places that I could be for this journey I'm on.  I don't have to worry about being hit by a car or running into someone I've done business with on my walk.  I only have to worry about whether a momma bear and her cubs might choose to cross the same path I'm on when on their morning stroll around the wilderness.  What a problem to have, huh?

I hope everyone out there, at some point in their lives, has the opportunity to experience the peacefulness that the Northwoods in Minnesota offers to everyone that visits.  Our lake, Lake Vermilion, has so much to offer everyone.  Whether you like to fish, water ski, snowmobile, hike, canoe, or just get some sun, we have it all here.  The resorts on the lake are beautiful!  I would highly recommend that people take at least a week to explore the area with their families. 

View from the deck out over Wolf Bay
My walk this morning led me to Vermilion Dam Lodge, which is where I first came to stay at the lake.   As I crossed over the driveway to VDL, I had memories of my first xmas with my now husband and his children years ago at the resort.  Now I've been blessed to add thousands of memories with he and kids on and around this lake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment