Saturday, September 22, 2012

Game on!

This morning I woke up at the lake and it's one of those beautiful fall mornings.  The sun is out, but the air is crisp.  It was a balmy 39 degrees this morning.  You can feel the change in the air and see it in the beautiful colors of the leaves.  I absolutely love this time of year!  It always makes me think back over the past year's experiences and changes I've made.  Some of them good and some of them not so good. 

Last year at this time I had just made lifetime at Weight Watchers and had accomplished losing the weight I wanted to lose.  I felt great!  I was exercising again and feeling like I was putting myself first for the first time in a very long time.  I had spent the summer at the lake and taken some time for myself without feeling responsible for employees, a company and the stress of being in the city.   I loved the feeling and it only made me anxious for retirement life someday. 

But as most of us have to do in life, I had to get back to the "real world" and make a living again.  So it was back to the city and back to the stress that goes along with it.  I hated to leave the lake and all of the peacefulness that went along with it.  Unfortunately, though, there's not many sources for making a living there, so I headed back to the cities in September and began my job search.  I wanted so badly to find that job that allowed me to make a moderate living and also feel like I was helping people.  I found it with mortgage origination.  I got to utilize my background in real estate with this position.  My husband and I had personally experienced what the devastating economy does to your home equity.  We had to dip into our savings to be able to sell our home in Iowa and move to where our hearts wanted to be.  It wasn't something we had to do, but at the end of the day we chose to move to the state we wanted to be in.  Very painful to the pocketbook!  So I know as I sit with couples and hear their story that all most people want is to feel like they can dig their way out of the falling economy.  In the nine months I've been originating, I've been able to help so many people improve their monthly cash flow and hopefully give them some relief within their budgets.  That feels good! 

So now it's time for me to find a balance again.  I've dove into my new job and love it, but it's been at the expense of my waistline.  I haven't been to a Weight Watchers meeting since last fall and I've slowly watched myself grow close to where I was before starting Weight Watchers in March, 2011.  I know why.  It's not a secret to me at this point in my life.  I know me all too well!  I have never been able to balance my career with my personal health and well being.  I have always put my career ahead of my health.  I don't take the time to put myself first and go for those walks.  I don't take the time to shop and prepare food the way I should.  Just those two things would have allowed me to stay on track with my weight loss and make me a healthier and happier person.  I know I'm not alone with this at least.  All you have to do is go to a WW meeting and you hear that same story from others in the meeting. 

As I sit here this morning and reflect, I know that the next year needs to be about me finding that balance in my life.  And......it can't just be for a year.  It needs to be for a lifetime.  I'm going to have to figure out a game plan and stick to it.  I need to learn to say "no" more to requests for my time.  I need to learn to schedule time for my walks and preparing healthy food options.

The positives of the last year so out weight the negatives from the past year.  I had two glorious months to take off and reflect, I got to find a new career that I love, and had many amazing moments with my family and friends at the lake.  Here are a few fun pictures from the past year that show off my amazing times with everyone!  Enjoy!  








I so love my family and friends!  I feel so blessed for the life that I have and the people that are in my life! 

Now let's go make another great year of memories together!  Snowmobiling season is coming up fast, so I know there will be many opportunities to do that!  Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment